Friday, May 6, 2011

Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley News

Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley have agreed to use yellow gloves in their showdown for the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown on Saturday here to promote unity against poverty.

"I will be wearing yellow gloves into the ring on Saturday–as a symbol of unity in the fight against poverty," Pacquiao said in a packed press conference at the MGM Grand on Wednesday as he stressed there are fights bigger than those taking place in the ring.

"All my life I’ve had to fight. As a child, I had to fight just to eat," Pacquiao said. "The biggest fight in my life is not in boxing. The biggest fight in my life is how to end poverty in my country."


After making this statement, Pacquiao, who looked splendid in his suit, walked over to the edge of the stage in the showroom at the MGM, leaned over and shook hands with Mosley’s father, Jack, and several other friends and family members.

Mosley, not to be outdone, was all praises for his opponent, saying: "Pacquiao is a short welterweight, but he’s not a small welterweight. He’s very powerful. This is like a Mike Tyson fight–we’re heavyweights out there. I’m looking to go out there, take charge and beat Manny Pacquiao".

"I can muster all that energy that I had against Margarito. This type of fight reminds me of when I was able to do a lot of damage in the lightweight division. It’s kind of like going back in time," added Mosley, a former three-division chap.

Pacquiao, an eight-division champion, is the odds-on favorite at 8-1. But Mosley was unfazed.

"I don’t know, that’s what the odds makers are saying. That’s fine with me. The main goal is to get the win and then we can talk about being an underdog. I don’t pay attention to that–I’ve been an underdog in a lot of my fights."

The fight marks Pacquiao’s 10th year of campaigning in the United States, which started when he stopped Lehlohonolo Ledwaba of South Africa in six rounds to emerge as world super-bantamweight champion. That 12-round bout served as one of the undercards of the Oscar De La Hoya-Javier Castillejo bout at the same arena where Pacquiao and Mosley will dispute the Filipino’s 147-pound crown.

Pacquiao’s demolition of Ledwaba opened the door for the Filipino’s successful campaign here, including a fight against De La Hoya who was eventually forced into retirement after being humbled in eight rounds. Pacquiao and Mosley vowed to prevail during the press conference, where they spoke nothing but admiration and respect for each other. Pacquiao vs Mosley Live Stream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment